Mid July 2014 Notices
COOK SCHOOL: A Cook School will be held in Cullohill Community Centre from Tuesday 22nd July to Friday 25th July and again from Tuesday 19th August to Friday 22nd August. The times are from 10am to 2:30pm each day for boys and girls aged from 8 to 12 years old. The school costs €65 per child. For more information or to book a please contact Caitriona on (087) 7808711.
JOHNSTOWN ACTIVE RETIREMENT: A trip to Portumna Workhouse including a trip on the Shannon and lunch in Lynches on Banagher will take place on Thursday, July 17th leaving Johnstown at 9am. The cost of the package is €31. The bus will cost extra. The trip is open to everyone, so if you are interested please contact Breda Campion on (056) 8831109. Many thanks.
WEIGHTWATCHERS CLASSES: Classes are held every Monday in The Presentation Centre, Kilkenny Road, Durrow from 8pm to 9pm. The classes are under new management with leader Marnie Maguire. Come along and join our Summer Challenge!
BALINAKILL HEATED OUTDOOR SWIMMING POOL: The outdoor heated pool at Ballinakill is now open for the summer. Contact Anthony on (089) 4581165 or visit www.swimminganalysis.ie online.
CONGRATULATIONS: A big congrats to our Postman – “The Hopper” who turned 21 last weekend!
- Readers for July: Sunday Mornings: July 13th and 20th: Bea Alley; July 27th: Fergal Hassett. Saturday Evenings: July 12th and 19th: Seosamh Murphy; July 26th: Ann Vaugh.
- Readers for August: Sunday Mornings: August 3rd: Fergal Hassett; August 10th and 17th: Liam Phelan. Saturday Evenings: August 2nd: Ann Vaugh; August 9th and 16th: Martin Lawlor.
- Special Ministers of the Eucharist for July: Sunday Mornings: John Kelly and Maura Fitzpatrick. Saturday Evenings: Rose Woods and Sean Phelan.
- Special Ministers of the Eucharist for August: Sunday Mornings: Ann Palmer and Donal Bowe. Saturday Evenings: Michael Fitzpatrick and Helen Bergin.
- Church Cleaning Rota for July: Ann Kealy, Mary Kennedy and Mary Walsh.
- Church Cleaning Rota for August: Julie Lawlor, Teresa Dunphy, Mary Lawlor, Margaret Donoghue and Brigid Conroy.
- VITA: Vita is celebrating the 25th Anniversary of it’s founding by Fr. Kevin Doheny on Sunday, July 13th commencing with Mass at 3pm at the Doheny Homestead, Ballinalacken, Ballinakill. All are welcome.
DURROW SCARECROW FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION: The Senior Competition for the Joe Brophy Memorial Cup and the Juvenile Competition for the Durrow Development Forum Trophy will once again take place this year. The juvenile age is up to 16 years old for the competition. Entry fees are Senior €5 and Juvenile €3. Print Size for both competitions: Standard size to Maximum 10”X 8”. Prints can be mounted but not necessary. Limit of photographs per entry: 4. All entries to be presented in an envelope with name of entrant, address and telephone number written on envelope. Entry Dates: Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th July from 2.30pm to 4.30pm both days at Durrow Community Centre. Winning prints will be announced and Prizes will be awarded at 5pm on Saturday 2nd August. For further information please contact Andrew Walsh on (086) 3791904. Get your cameras at the ready!
Scarecrow Art Competition: The children of Junior Infants, Senior Infants and First Class in both Durrow and Cullohill all took part in an Art Competition for the Festival Arts and Crafts Exhibition & Sale. All pictures will be displayed throughout the festival week and the results will be announced on Sunday 27th July at the exhibition in Durrow Community Centre.
DURROW ARTS & CRAFTS EXHIBITION AND SALE: As part of Durrow Scarecrow Festival, which will be held from Sunday 27th July to Monday 4th August, we are reminding all local Artists and Crafts people of this year’s Exhibition and Sale takes place during the Scarecrow Festival. Now is the time to put on your thinking caps and prepare. As usual, this year’s exhibition will be held in Durrow Community Centre and will be open daily from 11am to 6pm (closed for lunch 1pm to 2pm weekdays only) For more information please contact Kathleen Flynn on (086) 8263368 or Mary Dowling on (087) 2200199.
NEXT NEWSLETTER: The next newsletter will be on sale weekending August 2nd and August 3rd.
NOTICE: The deadline for inclusion of notes is Thursday, July 31st at 7pm to email@example.com by email.