Fire Safety This Winter.
Would your smoke alarm save you?
Get the facts:
- working smoke alarms correctly positioned in your home can save your life
- make sure you test your smoke alarms at least once a month
- make sure you have smoke alarms on every floor of your home, including in each bedroom
- do not put a smoke alarm in a kitchen or bathroom
- don’t ever paint over a smoke alarm
- have a plan for how you’d leave your home if your smoke alarms go off, and make sure everyone in your home knows what it is.
Please contact DURROW FIRE AND RESCUE: If you need a smoke alarm? Or do you know of someone who does, in the Durrow, Cullohill or Ballacolla area? Every home should have a minimum of two of the life saving devices!
Durrow Fire & Rescue will provide and install smoke alarms for anyone that needs them, and there is no charge for this service.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, or if you know of a friend or neighbour that needs to have the devices installed. Please leave a contact number too.