Harps Camogie Month for Health and Wellbeing – October 2019 🗓
HARPS CAMOGIE MONTH FOR HEALTH AND WELLBEING: The month of October is the Camogie Association Month for Health and Wellbeing. As part of this campaign The Harps Camogie Club have decided to host a serious of events during the month of October covering all aspects of health & wellbeing and are calling this ‘Open October’. Open October is a chance for local community members to participate in some aspect of health & wellbeing that you may not have considered / tried before, it is open to people of all levels of physical activity.
Have a look at our proposed schedule and see if there is anything that you think you might like to try and if so, please do come along, or ask any of our committee members for further details. There will be a nominal charge of €2 for all events and any money raised will be donated to a local charity.
- Healthy Eating Workshop & Q+A session – Monday 7th October at 8:00pm – with Registered Dietitian and Performance Nutritionist Laura Mahony – discussing top tips for reducing cholesterol, weight loss, busting myths and recipe ideas for community breakfast.
- Bring Your Own (BYO) Community Breakfast on Bank Holiday Monday 28th October in Cullohill Community Centre – open invitation to all members of the community to come celebrate a healthy community breakfast (after a morning walk at 8.30am). Bring and share any of your favourite (healthy) breakfast foods, from porridge bread, to granola, egg muffins, fresh fruit & berries – you pick!
- Mental Health & Intro to Reflexology, Wednesday 9th October at 8pm – Mental Health Is Your Whole Health – workshop with Marguerite Duggan, Alternative Therapist (see http://www.alternativetherapiesireland.com) – Rebalance body & mind and manage your physical and emotional energy with reflexology & energy therapy.
- Walking on Monday evenings 14th & 21st of October, alternating between Cullohill & Durrow – leisurely pace – put on your high-vis and come along to meeting points at 7.30pm (Community Centre Cullohill, Castle Gate Durrow)
- Open gym session – Sunday 13th October from 10.30am until 12.30pm – ever wanted to see if the gym was for you, but didn’t have the confidence to give it a go? Well now is the perfect opportunity for you, local gym owner Ross Young will host an open session on Sunday 13th in Core Health & Fitness and will answer all your questions and show you what might work for you.
- Kettlebell Taster Session – Thursday 17th October – again, a perfect opportunity to try something that you might not have done before. Class will be held in Durrow, time TBC, with thanks to ODIN Kettlebell Club
- Yoga Taster Session – Tuesday 22nd October from 7pm until 8pm – Taster session with Zarah Delaney including breath awareness, hatha yoga practice, yoga philosophy and meditation, ideal for anyone who hasn’t tried yoga before. Practicing yoga helps us build strength and release any build-up of tension or stress with ease – see https://innerworldyogameditationstudio.wordpress.com/tag/ireland for further information. Places are limited so please call Laura on (086) 3423900 to book your spot.
If you want further information on any of the above activities please contact Laura on (086) 3423900 or Barney on (087) 3197117