Cullohill Community Council outline plans for 2016
Cullohill Community Council was established in March 2016 in response to the identification of Cullohill as an area for development under the Laois Local Development Strategy Action Plan (LDS). Cullohill has been identified as one of the 6 areas in Co. Laois which has not engaged with public funding programmes. The purpose of this council is to assist and support clubs and groups operating in the village (including Tidy Towns, Community Alert, Cullohill Handball Club, Community Centre, Board of Management & Parents Council of Scoil Tighearnach Naofa) to access the funding available.
Members of the council are as follows: Chairperson – Jimmy Walsh, Secretary – Marian Mahony, Treasurer – Billy Holland, Liam Dunphy, Eamonn Fitzpatrick, Elaine Maher, Martin Muldowney, John Scanlan, Brendan Gibbons, Tony Dunne, Vincent O’Sullivan and Paddy Dunne.
Following meetings in recent weeks with Laois County Council the Cullohill Community Council are delighted to confirm the following upcoming works:
- Works will take place on the mountain road to address subsidence issues. These limited works will constitute phase one of the project with more extensive works being carried out in 2017.
- Remedial works will take place to address drainage issues at Cullohill Castle.
- Removal of stone obstruction on Belmont Hill.
- Review of works at the Five Crossroads to address ongoing drainage issues.
- Introduction of Speed Radar Signs on the main road similar to those in Abbeyleix and Rathdowney.